Qualified Overseas Applicants Supervised Workplace Training
1. Not less than 28 days from commencement of your supervised workplace training you must lodge with the Board of Examiners:
Schedule 15 Training Plan (pdf 202KB)
Schedule 4 - Employers Affidavit Verifying Supervised Workplace Training (pdf 17KB)
- Persons Eligible to be a Supervisor Affidavit - see Practice Direction No. 4 of 2008 (pdf 15KB)
2. Three months before the appointed day of your admission you must lodge with the Board of Examiners:
Schedule 5 - All Applicants for Admission - Notice of Intention to Apply for Admission (2008 Rules) (pdf 10 KB). You must also post a copy of the notice in the Supreme Court.
- Practice Direction No. 2 of 2012 (Disclosure Requirements for Applicants) (pdf 43KB) (Affidavit of Disclosure). All applicants for admission are required to file an affidavit of disclosure with the Board. When preparing this affidavit, the responsibility is upon each applicant to discharge his or her duty of disclosure to the Board. The failure adequately to discharge this duty can have serious consequences for an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to give careful consideration to the duty upon them when making their disclosure.
3. One month before the appointed day of your admission you must lodge with the Board of Examiners:
Schedule 6 - Employers - Affidavit of Completion of Supervised Workplace Training (pdf 20KB)
Schedule 7 - Supervisors - Affidavit of Compliance with Training Plan (pdf 19KB) In accordance with a policy adopted by the Board, you must attach certified copies of certificate of compulsory elements (Ethics and Professional Responsibilty; Lawyer's Skills and the Risk Management element of Work Management and Business Skills) and any other elements undertaking at an approved legal training provider.
Schedule 8 - Local Applicants or Qualified Overseas Applicants - Affidavit in Support of Admission (pdf 27KB). All documents appended to Schedule 8 must bear an exhibit note Form 3 (pdf 8KB).
original Australian Police Record Check. If you have lived in Australia for more than three months during the two years before the date on which the Schedule 8 is made, a report by the Chief Commissioner of Police must be provided. See Practice Direction No. 1 of 2008 (Police Record Checks) (pdf 14KB).
original Overseas Police Check.
notation that a local Academic Transcript demonstrating completion of local academic study has been sent direct to the Board.
notation that an Academic Conduct Report from the local and overseas academic institution has been sent direct to the Board. See Practice Direction No. 3 of 2009 (Academic Conduct Reports (pdf 15KB).
original IELTS test results if prescribed as part of a skills assessment.
Schedule 9 - Affidavit as to Character (2008 Rules) (pdf 8KB). Two certificates as to character made by an acceptable deponent. Notice No. 1 of 2013 (Character Affidavits) (pdf 15KB).
- Any other affidavits, certificates and information required by the Board of Examiners.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the document(s) on this page. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader
Users who use screen reader software may have trouble viewing or accessing PDF files. Adobe provides tools for the visually impaired to access PDF documents. See Adobe Accessibility.
If you are unable to open, or would like to receive any of these publications in an accessible format, please contact us.